Planning The Future of Your Farm: A Workbook Supporting Specialty Crop Farm Transfer Decisions.
Now available in Spanish!
Planificando el futuro de su propiedad agrícola: Ahora disponible en español – Enlace al libro (PDF)
A publication of the Office of Farmland Preservation
Thank you for your interest in this workbook. This publication is the result of a specialty crop block grant funding the Office of Farmland Preservation received to create this workbook.
Please take a couple minutes to complete the survey. Should take no more than 5 minutes. Thanks!
Survey Link – http://goo.gl/QUbCkN
Table of Contents
- Farm Transfer Planning: A Proposed Definition
- Starting With What you Want
- Managing Risks with Farm Business Transfer: The 5 D’s
- Worksheet 1.1: Quick Risk Assessment: The 5 D’s
- Improving Farm Family Communication
- Developing Goals and Meeting Objectives
- Evaluating Your Farm and Community Resources.
- How Do You Own Your Property?
- Worksheet 2.1: Evaluating Farm Resources
- The Transactions of Farm Transfer
- Basic Estate Planning Documents: Wills, Trusts, and Gifting
- About the Federal Estate and Gift Tax: A 2014 Update
- Entity Choice for Farm Enterprise and Farm Transfer Planning
- What is a Buy-Sell Agreement?
- Developing A Lease for the Farm
- Worksheet 3.2: Short-Term Lease Checklist
- Worksheet 3.3: Repairs and Maintenance Checklist
- About Conservation Easements
- About Lawyers and Other Professional Advisers
- Gathering Information About Your Estate